Saturday, November 20, 2010

Comparison Theory

           I think the comparison theory, or comparing ourselves with others to develop our sense of self, that are positive things. According to the textbook, “another way you develop your self-concept is by comparing yourself with others. When you want to gain insight into who you are and how effective or competent you are, you probably look to your peers” (DeVito 55). In my opinion, comparing yourself with others is a good thing. We can learn more information from other people. We can choose something we want and we care things to compare with other people.
            In my life, I like to compare myself to my father. I think my father is a really good person. He is always nice to everybody, and works hard at his job. I like to study his ways to everyday life. I think this is positive things in my life. This activity can help me learn more information from my father and from other people. Sometimes comparing yourself with other person can help you to improve your ability, and encourage you to work hard.

1 comment: