Monday, November 22, 2010

Good Lesson

           
         I think the lesson about culture is really good. From the lesson, I learned a lot of information about different cultures. From the lesson, I know different countries can have different cultures. When we understand the different cultures we can follow the direction to help us to communicate with different cultures’ people. For example, when I communicate with Indian people, I know they are high power distance cultures. So when I communicate with them, I should be polite to them. If we do not follow their rules to communicate, we may make a bad communication.
            When I came to the college, there were a lot of international students. When I communicate with them, I need know their culture to help me to avoid an awkward situation. Through our conversation we can know more information about each other’s culture. So this lesson is really useful to my everyday life. When I speak to classmates from different countries, I know what I can say, and what I cannot say.  The lesson helps me make my everyday life more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you learned about cultural differences in our class. I learned about them by reading your journal.

    ReplyDelete