Monday, November 22, 2010

Competitive Conflict

         
         Sometimes we may have conflicts with people. We have different reasons for having a conflict. When people get in a conflict they may always want to win the argument. According to the textbook, “The competitive conflict style involves great concern for your own needs and desires, and little for those of others” (DeVito 255). In my opinion, the competitive conflict style is when we get in a conflict; we are just thinking about our feelings. We always want to win the conflict.
            I think this conflict style make it easy for people to get hurt. For example, when I require my husband to do something, he does not always want to do it. So each time I have a conflict with him. Every time I become angry with him, and I want to argue with him to make him to do something for me. If he does not say sorry to me, I always argue or blame him. I just focus with my feelings. If I feel bad, I do not want him feel good. I want to win every time, and I do not accept any failure.

1 comment: