Saturday, November 20, 2010

Equity Theory

           I think different people have different principle about how to value the equity.  According to the textbook, “Equity theory claims that you develop and maintain relationships in which your ratio of rewards to costs is approximately equal to your partner’s” (DeVito 242). In my opinion, equity theory is we want to make sure we get equal reward with I cost. When we do something for somebody we want to value the cost.
Different people with equity theory have different thinking. Some people think they should get equity reward from their work. I think I am a person who believes someone who needs more should get more. I do not care who does more or who does less. If I think somebody needs me to do something for her or him, I like to help. I do not care if I get an equity reward or not. I think different time we may get different problems. When people need more help we can just help them, and we do not need an equity reward. If we do not have problem, we do not need help. I think we should help people who need more.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think this difference is because you come from a collectivist culture or because it is a personal philosophy?

    ReplyDelete