Saturday, November 13, 2010

Facial Communication

           I think I used a lot of  facial communication during my everyday communication. There are three types of facial communication, of which the one, called culture and facial expressions, has been mostly used by me. According to textbook, “The wide variations in facial communication that we observe in different cultures seem to reflect which reactions are publicly permissible, rather than a difference in the way emotions are facially expressed” (DeVito 138). In my opinion, culture and facial expressions means that different cultures have different facial communications.
            For example, by following my culture and facial expressions I usually hide my smiles with my hands when I smile, because in my culture if women smile openly, people will feel they are not polite and too rough. In addition, in my country we also do not show bad emotions in front of people. For example, sometime I feel bad for somebody who talks to me like I am not a good person, but I never express my feeling in front of them. I think I can not give negative feedback to other people because in my culture this is a bad behavior. We always try to give positive feedback to other people to encourage them.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting observations. I always like to hear what things are like in other cultures.

    ReplyDelete